Mapping Cultural Heritage and Native Title workshop
When: April 27, 2009
'Mapping Cultural Heritage and Native Title' proved the second successful Fungis workshop for 2009.
Thanks especially to the presenters efforts (and perhaps the beautiful weather), a lot of valuable ideas were exchanged.
The second in a series of five, this one day workshop was held on April 24th at the Rydges Tradewinds Esplanande.
The program included the following speakers:
- Rod Neilson, Girringun Aboriginal Corporation - Cultural Mapping Project; Why & What is the Value?
- John Richter, Natural Resource & Water - Cultural Heritage Management using Spatially Relevant Mapping.
- Geoff Mills, National Native Title Tribunal - Spatial Elements of Native Title
- Bennett Walker and Patrick Peever - Cultural Heritage Mapping & Recording
- Ian Fox, Phd Candidate Southern Cross University - Cultural Mapping, an experience of protocol & process in the Tweed, NE NSW.
- MLis Flynn, Masters Student in Community Development - "Cultural Mapping in Developing Countries – Outcomes & Challenges"
Some workshop presentations are available for download by clicking on the presentation titles above.